POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a chocolate treat : Re: a chocolate treat Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a chocolate treat
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 16 Mar 2011 16:59:16
Message: <4d8124a4$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/16/2011 04:56 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle"<Tin### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>>> I thought it would be fun to see if I could get this little fellow to
>>> look like my favorite treat. I think I'm headed in the right direction,
>>> although I had a time finding an ior value for chocolate. The best I
>>> could come up with was a discussion that offered a guess of low 2's (I
>>> chose 2.2) ... the specular is not very saturated but the roughness has
>>> a fair amount of bloom ... with a bit more lighting work I think it will
>>> look fine.
>>>
>>> I've also been working on a crinkled foil texture to wrap around an ovus
>>> or two ... after all whats a chocolate bunny without a few chocolate
>>> eggs to keep him company ... right!
>>
>> Uh-oh, looks like you're getting some mould on your chocolate!
>>
>> -tgq

It's not as pronounced when I disable sslt, and the other finish
attributes are pretty sparse, so I'm suspecting that lighting and or
viewing angle might need some minor adjustments ... the role of diffuse
seems a bit different with/without sslt as well.

> @Trevor: It /would/ be nice on a bronze bunny though :)

ha-ha ... it does resemble a bit of corrosion now that you mention it

> @Jim: Looking yummy; have you considered an Easter basket/grass for the shot
> too?

Given the timing (purely a coincidence btw) I could see how that might
be one option, but I think I'll opt for a less secular approach ... I
mean I get the symbolism of new, rebirth, eggs, chicks and bunnies ...
how the heck did chocolate worm it's way into the holiday. Bigger
business in chocolate -vs- eggs I suppose ... bloody capitalists ;-)